Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня

ТЕМА: Are Consoles Toys?

Are Consoles Toys? 11 Июнь 2018 13:49 #5714

• aryetoryn
  • aryetoryn аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Новый пользователь
Hi,

I was watching a really good youtube video awhile back, and hopefully someone can post it for me. I think his name was "bob the reviewer" or something, but I'm not too sure.He goes in philosophical depth about why consoles are toys (they are), and how all this hardware junk that are associated with them and technological advances in games do not matter. Sure, everything can be classified as "toys", but consoles were designed to be toys from the start. Computers, cars, etc were not designed to be toys from the start.Take a look at the PS3 and Xbox 360. On the back of many games, you'll see technology marketing "uses HAVOC engine" or "anisotropic filtering", or any other nonsense (as he calls it) that shouldn't matter.
He explains that the Wii is successful because it knows that it's a toy. It's not meant to be a "console tyrant" with all this supercharged hardware power. That's why Nintendo is so successful I think, is because they made a toy, good marketing strategy, and targeted young audiences. I think he also explains that one of the biggest problems besides games claiming to be "advanced" on the other systems, is that they don't target young audiences. That is why Little Big Planet is such a great idea on Sony's part because it targets young audiences.
I tend to agree with him. What do you think? Are the Xbox 360 and PS3 rolling down the wrong path, and need to get back into the common route of just focusing on gameplay without and mumbo-jumbo technology crap?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Thank you.
Последнее редактирование: 06 Янв 2020 15:02 от izadmin113.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.
Время создания страницы: 0.112 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум

Ещё наши сайты cat-trader.com и cat-robot.com, а ещё почитать нас можно на ЯндексДзене

Наши друзья: